Friday, August 13, 2010

Bowtie Lasagna




As most of you know, the only Italian food eaten around our house is spaghetti and pizza. I came across this recipe and thought it looked so darn good. So I tried it and oh was it so darn good! I made it this past Sunday afternoon, let everything cool down, put it in a casserole dish,  placed it in the frig, and all Justin had to do Monday night was put it in the oven on 350 to warm up.

I lb ground meat (We used deer because that's all we have. I am proud to say my deer slayer of a husband processed us enough ground meat from his deer outings that we have not had to be hamburger meat in almost a year.)
1 box of bowtie pasta
1jar of spaghetti sauce (We do not like a lot of sauce, so this was perfect for us. If you like your pasta a little saucy, I would suggest having another jar handy.)
Olive oil
Garlic powder
Salt
Italian Seasoning
Oregano
1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese  (I already had shredded parm open so I just used it, and I used more than 1/2 cup. We love cheese!)
1/2 cup of sour cream

If you are preparing to eat the same night all you do is put everything in a large pot. Cook on low heat for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment