Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup

I know it has been forever since I have posted anything, but ya'll know how the holidays are!
 My friend Adrienne sent this to me and it was soo yummy! Hope ya'll enjoy!


1 lb shredded cooked chicken
1 can whole peeled tomatoes (mash em)
1 can enchilada sauce
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (4 oz) can of chopped green chilies
2 garlic cloves, minced (I just used a couple of teaspoons of the minced garlic that comes in the jar)
2 cups water
1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 bay leaf
1 10 oz package of frozen corn
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro

Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chilies, and garlic into slow cooker. Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Stir in corn and cilantro. Cover and cook on low setting for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. We served with corn bread, but next time I will be pouring it into a bread bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment