Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Shepard's Pie

My husband's mom makes Shepard's pie. My husband loves his mom's Shepard's pie. If you are married you will totally understand what I am about to say. There are certain things that my husband's mother or grandmother cooks that he loves. Therefore, me the wife, should be able to make these things and have them taste as the mother's or grandmother's does. Well, it never tastes the same when I make it and my hisband is not shy about telling me that it is not up to par. Shepard's pie being one of them. The first time I made this, it was very dry, but to my surprise my hisband requested it last night for supper (he must have forgotten about the last time). I did it a little different this time and it turned out much better!

1lb of hamburger meat
4 small to medium russet potatoes (or use whatever potatoes you like for making mashed potatoes)
milk
sour cream
1 teaspoon minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1 capful of Dale's seasoning
couple of shakes worcestershire
1 can of cream of mushroom
shredded cheese (I used cheddar, but I think you could use whatever you kind you like)

preheat overn to 350. Get potatoes boiling. Brown meat with garlic and seasonings. Once meat if browned drain grease and add meat back to skillet. Add can of cream of mushroom to meat. Fill can about 1/4 the way full with water and add to meat mixture. Once potatoes are done, add sour cream and milk until desired consistency is reached. spread meat mixture into a small square casserole dish. Top with cheese. Then top with potatoes, and finally add some more cheese to the top. Bake uncovered until cheese is melted (about 5-7 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment