Saturday, September 4, 2010

Guacamole and Homeade Potato Chips




The first time I had ever tasted this was at Bunco. Sam made it and I fell in love! I am not sure I had ever had fresh guacamole until this point. We paired this with homeade potato chips. Divine!

2 large or 4 small avocados
cilantro to taste
hot sauce of your choice to taste (we use Louisiana and Sam uses Tabasco)
salt to taste
1 large or 2 small tomatoes
1 large purple onion

Chop avocados, tomatoes, and onions leaving them in chunks. Add remaining ingredients and mash together with a fork.

To make potato chips start by washing your potatoes. We used 4 Russet potatoes and it was plenty for 4 people. Use a mandolin to slice potatoes thin. Fry them in veggie oil. Remove from oil and let cool and drain on a plate with paper towel.

1 comment:

  1. I thought I would post a yummy shrimp scampi recipes that I came across. I have cooked it twice, and I am not that big on shrimp. Here it is:

    Ingredients:
    pack of linguini
    4 tbs of butter
    4 tbs of olive oil
    half an onion
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    bell pepper
    pinch red pepper flakes
    1 pound shrimp
    salt and pepper
    1/2 dry white wine
    lemon juice

    First, you just boil your pasta with some salt and olive. In the meantime, add 2 tbs of butter, 2 tbs olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion, garlic, bell pepper, and red pepper flakes. Season shrimp with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Cook the shrimp until they are done. Remove the shrimp and add the white wine, lemon juice and bring to a boil. When the butter has melted, return the shrimp to the pan.
    I always add cayenne pepper to give it a little heat!

    ReplyDelete